You all know Tasty Palettes is this month, mainly to keep track of vegan recipes for my cooking repertoire. But after seeing about making this an one-time event, I thought ‘Why not?’. It may be difficult to go vegan for a month even if you are a vegetarian. But we all have recipes that are tasty, healthy and most importantly, vegan. Pooling those recipes in one place would be of immense help to our vegan friends, would-be vegans and on-and-off vegans like me (if there is one!). Hence I invite you all to participate in this one-off event ‘Vegan Ventures’.Here are the guidelines:
- Vegan recipes in Indian cuisine are aplenty. From everyday dal to simple pulao, those simple and easy recipes are perfectly vegan. But try something new, a vegan recipe that you have been wanting to try, a recipe that you would entertain your vegan friends with. Refreshing vegetables, interesting vegan substitutes, chic desserts, well, you get the idea.
- Any information and ideas on vegan living are wholly welcome.
- Please make your entries special by creating especially for this event.
- Feel free to use the logo.
- Include a link back to this post.
- Send your entries by November 30, 2007 to email@example.com with the subject ‘Vegan Ventures’. Include your name, your blog’s name, the permalink of the entry, a picture of your gorgeous recipe (if any) in your email.
- You don’t have a blog? No worries. Send your entries with a picture to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I will post the round-up during the first week of December 07.
If you are new to veganism, these are the don’ts.
- Any kind of meat or seafood
- Dairy products – milk, yogurt, butter, cheese etc
- Any other animal products or derivatives
- Beans, legumes, lentils
- Soy products like tofu, tempeh, miso, seitan.
- Non-dairy milks like soy milk, rice milk, almond milk, coconut milk.
- Sweeteners like agave nectar, maple syrup. I am going to allow sugar, as vegan dry sweeteners are not accessible to everyone.
Please feel free to add/correct these lists as I am new to Veganism too. Here are some vegan resources – , .Event roundup .