, the acclaimed food event started by the talented Doc and cognizant nutritionist, Nandita at , comes to Tasty Palettes this month. Thank you Nandita, for this wonderful opportunity.
What is better than having a satisfying first meal of the day? Having one on the weekends. Winding down from the previous week and getting ready to face the next week, its important to sit down, relax and spend quality time during weekends. Having a hearty breakfast during weekends gets me into vacation mood – lazy and relaxing. It also gives me ample time to think and execute a special lunch, amidst other weekend activities. Though it sounds like an occasion to indulge, I make sure it is healthy.
Past editions of WBB have been centered on various different themes - interesting and challenging. But this month, I will not bind you with any theme, as such. It can be of any cuisine; sweet or savoury; baked, steamed or sautéed. Although, there is one condition, it has to be healthy.
‘Healthy’ is a relative term. What one views as healthy, may be bland in others standards. For example, I may see as 70% cholesterol, while someone else may look at it as 3g of protein. Hence, I ask you to be the judge of your own recipes. Meals that are balanced and include various different food groups like fruits, vegetables, whole grains, low-fat dairy products, etc are welcome. That being said, I invite you all to participate in this edition of WBB – Healthy Eats.
Please keep in mind the following rules while participating in the event.
- Prepare a dish that is nutritious, well-balanced, healthy and can be served at breakfast. Only vegetarian/vegan entries, please. Post about it in your blog during Feb ’08.
- Provide a link back to this announcement and feel free to use the logo.
- Email your entry to email@example.com , with WBB – Healthy Eats in the subject line. Enclose a picture of your entry, if any (250 pixels wide, height does not matter), with your email.
- If you don’t have a blog, please email me your recipe and picture.
- The deadline for this event is Feb 29, 2008 (it’s a leap year, remember?). The roundup will be posted during first week of March ’08.