I am honored to host this edition of ‘’ (DMBLGiT), a monthly food-photography challenge that showcases some of the best photographs that have appeared on food blogs. Many thanks to Andrew of for this opportunity.
To participate, send a favorite photo of yours that has appeared on your blog during October 2008. A panel of judges will then review your entries on the basis of
- Aesthetics: composition, food styling, lighting, focus, etc.
- Edibility: “does the photo make us want to dive in and eat the food?”
- Originality: the photograph that catches our attention and makes us want to say “wow!”, displaying something we might not have seen before.
- Overall Winner: top overall scores in all three categories combined.
- There are three overall winners for photographs with the highest point totals in all three categories combined, and one winner in each of the three individual categories.
The judges panel for this month consists of these gifted and talented food bloggers/photographers.
- Graeme of , a student of photography from Lincoln. Photography is a continuous process of experimenting and learning. His blog showcases exactly that. He is currently working on an interesting project called ‘’.
- Susan of , the creator of the esteemed and popular event . A multi-faceted, eloquent writer, she makes food blogging all the more interesting.
- Lauren of , who has won the VegNews Veggie Award for best blog of 2008. Congrats Lauren! Her is a must read for aspiring food photographers.
- Meeta of , a master photographer, a conscious cook and an accomplished food blogger. She is also the owner of . Run by a talented bunch of bloggers, the blog focuses on family, children, health and many more.
- And, of course, myself (nothing much to say).
- Send a photo that has appeared on your blog during October 2008. The photo should be food and/or drink related. No diptychs allowed.
- Only one entry per person
- The photograph must have been taken by you.
- Deadline for submissions : 21, November 2008
- Send your entry to email@example.com with ‘DMBLGiT’ in the subject line with the following details
- your name
- your blog’s name and URL
- the photograph that you wish to enter, of no more than 800 pixels wide (height doesn’t matter)
- your photograph’s title
- URL of the post containing the photograph
- type of camera used, lens if you wish
(By submitting a photo, entrants agree to their picture being redisplayed and altered in size on the host's page and on the page.)
You can find this month’s entries in this . I will upload your submissions as and when I receive ‘em. You can access the gallery anytime by clicking the icon in the left pane, under 'Events'. For last month's winners, visit .Wishing you all good luck!Update: Winners announced here.